Oscars Journal

Oscar discovered tonight that he can use his weight to move the green lego down to the bottom of the tank! Cracks me up! This lego has been through about 5 octopuses over the years, and I think Oscar is the second that figured this out!

:cry:

Carol, if it is not too late, can you measure the mantle and an arm? It has occurred to me we should do this on hummelincki (really on all species at acclimation and end of life) but I failed to on both of mine. Hopefully, Garrett will remember my request and take a measurement after preservation on OhToo. I did manage a good shot of Beldar in a measurable position in the critter keeper but I hope I am a long way from taking the last measurement yet.

I started to say something about seasonal but looked back and Octane started acting unusual in in August and died prematurely so there is no parallel. Even so, with both OhToo and Oscar dieing, I am hoping we will see some young ones in a couple of months.

If we're going to take measurements of our deceased octopuses, we should also weigh them. It's not difficult in a plastic bag - try not to include water.

This would possiblly be something that we might all try, so we'd have a database of sizes for our pet octopuses.

Still sorry about Oscar. Just how many do you have in your freezer now, Carol? Will they all make the move?

Nancy

Well.....I had about 7 but my fridge died a year or so ago. Now there's 3. Not sure they will come with us. We move tomorrow at noon. I may not take any of my tanks as they are all handmedowns from about 20 years ago and after my last leak I shudder to think if one fails at a condo which I will be renting. Time for a brand new tank!!!! And I'm watching for a new octo too.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back