Ordovician in Tennessee (Help!)

Thanks for the link Hajar, I had also stumbled across this site a while back, it's surprising to me how little there is out there on Gonioceras, you also posted a link somewhere above in this thread that was great.

While I have you here Hajar, I have lost a post of yours, somewhere on another forum, it was in reference to Cambrian trace fossils (in Oman I think) I'm wondering if you could post it somewhere on this forum?

Oops, I suppose I should have put my request in the non-ceph sub forum, I'm so used to throwing anything and everything into my general purpose thread....:oops:

So, to clarify, you want me to continue throwing everything into my "Help" thread? The non- ceph stuff is okay? I was to a point of asking for some organizational help when the forum changes occured.... but if the thread is ok with you, I will continue on!

I'm just a little embarrassed :oops:

While moving some of the old threads I have realized that some evolve rather quickly and totally diverge from the initial topic. Continue to put everything in here unless you start collecting from a different geologic period, then put that somewhere else. I am thinking of renaming the title of this thread to "Ordovician in Tennessee", if you would like another name let me know. The non-ceph stuff is OK, it actually fits quite well in the field work forum, just remember, we like cephalopods more than worms or bugs. :sly:

Yes! I had viewed both of these links a while back and lost them, thanks for posting, awesome stuff! I wanted to review these again trying to understand what I can about trace and these posts stood out, just couldn't find them.

What I'm really trying to find is more info on cephalopod touch/trace marks, and i'm not finding a lot. I did find this Cephalopod Touch Marks from the Craigleith Member, Whitby Formation (Ordovician) of Central Ontario on JSTOR I have only read the abstract, but what is described by Flowers in the article is hitting close to what I think I may be seeing at this location I'm collecting in. But am not confident of my interpretation, so I was hoping you and Kevin would take a look and hopefully I'll have time to post some pictures later tonight, Flowers actually used the phrase "tentacular markings", which is what I've been looking for. So if any one has access to the entire article or any further information that would be great.

Sorry haven't posted the above mentioned pics. yet, the sorting not the posting is the issue. Shopping with procrastinator son till midnight then cooking with procrastinator daughter in law till 2:00 am! (gotta love 'em) Procrastination due to being hardworking and studious young people, so not such a bad thing!:biggrin2: Will post pics. soon...

I'm going to post some of these pictures, I'm a little afraid :goofysca: these may be a product of my over active imagination, but I'm very curious If I'm on the right track at all. Cephalopod Touch Marks from the Craigleith Member, Whitby Formation (Ordovician) of Central Ontario on JSTOR I don't have the whole refrencing thing down yet, so I just linked this abstract again:roll:

The first pic. is the area where I found most of the ?Gonioceras bits and pieces and the possible trace :goofysca: this exposed rock is also full of mostly brachiopods.

Attachments

• conv_297597.jpg
    conv_297597.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 63

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back