• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

Ordovician in Tennessee (Help!)

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Terri;168596 said:
The really cool thing about that brach plate Kevin, is that it looks like at one time to have extended over a really large area I'm finding little pockets scattered around the exposed rocks there and all the brachs weathered out of the matrix just laying around.

Two photos of the Early Ordovician (Ibexian) Hesperonomiella minor Shell Bed. Shells average about 1cm wide. This bed is found over a large area of Utah and Nevada. Paleozoic shell beds are mostly composed of brachiopods while after the P/T extinction they contain mostly bivalves. Looks like you may have a shell bed in common with hallucigenia.

papers that may be of interest:

Lower and Middle Ordovician Shell Beds from the Basin and Range Province of the Western United States (California, Nevada, and Utah)

http://ipfw.academia.edu/BenDattilo/Papers

Attachments

Terri

Sepia elegans
Registered
Thanks Kevin and D! I've learned so much this year and had a blast doing it!:biggrin2:

:nautiloi:The longest thread (about cephalopods) in the Fossils Forum
:goofysca: hmmmm, maybe some day I'll start a knew thread.....

It's been a great ride. :biggrin2:
Well hang on to your hat Kevin, going through my pictures I realized I had taken 400, some duplicates but still a lot to show!:roll:

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gary T

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak