• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

[Octopus]: Onn - O. briareus

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Always sad when you start to know they have only a short time left and you never get used to it. The best you can do is to know that they lived a full life span under your care. I have been weepy over several and Neal pointed out that I had to accept the fact that they live short lives or not keep them. Sometimes I think about just keeping fish that live so much longer but the empty octo tank changes my mind. I cannot envision fish or other critters in those tanks.

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
I'm with you on that one. John and the girls ask me why I don't just put fish in the octo tank when it's only had corals in it for months at a time, but I just can't seem to ever do it. The minute I put a fish in that tank, an octo becomes available and I'm stuck with a fish to re-home!

Rhodi Hawk

Cuttlefish
Registered
Oh no. I'm sorry. I'm still in setup mode and was wondering whether it's possible to get used to the lifespan matter. Now I know. He truly was amazing to watch. Like a living work of art.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I very much like the idea of a living work of art and will send it to a journalist who is composing an article.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtledragon

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak