• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

One on the way!

dunno, that was my first time seeing him, and only time i might add! lol i just got him, my girl told me he was bright white when she opened the box he came in, but when she put him in the acclimation tank, aka plastic storage bin, lol he turned the color in the pic, i guess to match the carpet.

he came out late last nite and was out this morning i didnt get any pics because my camera is dead, or the batteries are.. i gave him a piece of krill but i dont think he liked it. he just carried it around for a min, and droped it, it seemed interested in some of the hermit crabs but i didnt see him eat on, it was very cool watching him climb around, i just got home and i dont see him, i am sure he will venture out later..

i was very impressed by his color changing, and the textures he shows. the textures are really wild.. i cant wait to get some pictures!
someone talk Thales into letting me use his camera! lol

Should i worry about him not eating the krill? the tank is full or hermits and snails of all sizes so if he got hungry he would get him one right?

lol i found him, he doesnt like getting his picture taking! maybe it reminds him of capet surfing!

Attachments

• conv_291937.jpg
    conv_291937.jpg
    552.9 KB · Views: 78
  • conv_291938.jpg
    conv_291938.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 71
Glad you bought some batteries! Good shot of the texture but I am afraid that you would need to borrow Thales as well as the camera to get the quality of pics he posts :wink:

I would try some live crabs or shrimp rather than counting on the snails and hermits (none of my mercs will touch krill, hermits or snails but they are more pickey than the larger octos). Small crabs seem to be the most widely accepted.

i feed him some raw shrimp, i think he ate some of it but its hard to say, he crawled off with it where i couldnt really see him, then finally found it laying in the sand it looks like he ate some of it, but like i said its hard to tell. I am going to order some crabs. "Should have already" how do you feed fidlers? i mean i am going to remove the pinchers but do you just drop them in the tank? "want they die if not eating immediatly?" or do i need to drop them in front of him?

I am curious bout that one too, oh and no they dont die--since my tank has had about 3 of them when I dropped them in for the octo and he didnt get em.

I would throw the fiddlers in one at a time where the octopus can see you dropping them in. If it's hungry it will immediately snatch the crab up. If they seem small you might drop in a second one after the octo is finished with the first one. If you put in several you run the risk of them dying in the rocks where you don't know they are dead and they foul up the water.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back