Olorin & Achilles Journal

Every night right after I go to bed I end up getting up and making sure. I'm probably about to add a few more layers of duct tape... and reinforce the screen somehow.... and probably add the rough side of some sticky velcro all the way around. Kalypso's strength is making me wonder how long it will be before she is man-handling everything.

I just got a new tank mate for Olorin,a purple linckia,or a tamaria stria.It depends on whether my guy at the lfs knows what he is talking about or not.I do trust him but you never know,he said it was a purple linckia but I hear they are rare.

dh,
WHERE are the pictures of this rareity? I have never tried a linkia since they are not "supposed" to do well in aquariums - contrary to what I see, however. The Fromia are supposed to "do well" and I have never been able to keep one for more than a month (the last one lived longer than its counter parts at the LFS but still died where my commons from the keys have been with me two years).

Linkia's do well in larger tanks that don't get cleaned a lot. It's just hard to get them in good condition. Supposedly the lighter colored ones are more hardy.

Here they are.

Attachments

• conv_292482.jpg
    conv_292482.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 96
  • conv_292483.jpg
    conv_292483.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 110
  • conv_292484.jpg
    conv_292484.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 122
This morning when I got up Olorin was on the back glass.His arms had the corkscrew look and was very pale.Two (or so)hours later he was down in the bottom corner not doing much of anything,just swaying with the current and he is still there :cry:.I will keep you posted but I don't think he has much time left.:old:

:sad: :fingerscrossed:

I'm sure you've checked that the water's OK, but it might be worth doing a water change and see if he perks up, if you haven't already...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back