Old Chat [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Hi Folks... this ought to do for now... note that usernames are *not* integrated -- chat at your own risk!

Type "/nick " to establish your username. e.g.:

/nick superfoot

Chat Now!

:talker:

First Wednesdays of the month again? 9pm ET?

no, that's good -- i'm just saying that it doesn't happen automatically, which is what I'd prefer to offer -- i.e., access to chat should be based on your TONMO.com login credentials. Some day soon!

Note that if you don't type /nick username, you can still chat, but your identity will be "unknown".

Well, I sat there yelling for quite some time ... alas, nobody yelled back; I was stuck in some channel all by my lonesome (first time I've been able to chat in years, and nobody was there)

it seemed to work fine for me, except of course the lack of conversation..... not that its ever stopped me before but.....

WhiteKiboko said:
it seemed to work fine for me, except of course the lack of conversation..... not that its ever stopped me before but.....

Well, I managed to talk to TONMO for a few minutes, so it does work with 2 people... I had some weirdness where I left "ghost logins" when I just closed the window instead of using the logout button or "quit," but when I quit my browser (and the associated java_vm) it closed those connections. Tony says his doesn't do this, so it may be something about my OS or some such (debian pure64/amd64 linux + firefox + blackdown/sun java j2re1.4.2). Shrug.

Are you gearing up for TONMOcon Tony??? So that all the people who can't make it can have a chat/Q&A session with speakers?? Maybe we can bring a laptop to the bar and have chatroom toasts!
:cheers: :beer: :wine: :glass:
I love it.

joel_ang said:
Sorry for the stupid question, should have read Tony's post lol.

Saved me from typing in...oh wait, I'm typing...

The first Wednesday of every month...that will be the 4th of May...at 9 pm eastern standard time...

Mark your calendars appropriately !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back