[Old Board Archive] General Octopus Sighting (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Re: General Octopus sighting
Reply #40 Posted at Wed Sep 4 00:55:31 2002 213.58.39.174
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't the Addams family have a pet octopus called "Aristotle"?

Until last year, at the University of Coimbra, in Portugal, one of the university buildings was the subject of a magnificent ceph display. The grey concrete edifice was apparently occupied by an octopus of mythic proportions. Fibre-glass tentacles emerged from windows and groped round the building. From another window stared an enormous eye. It was quite breathtaking!
-- amniote

Reply #41 Posted at Wed Sep 4 01:01:13 2002 62.7.115.200
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! Have you got a photo of it you could share with us? Sounds awesome.
-- Phil

Reply #42 Posted at Sat Sep 7 19:01:51 2002 152.163.188.36
The latest thing...don't know why they decided to call it "Octopus Pod" instead of just "Octopod"...

http://www.designtoscano.com/catalog/prod_15387.html?Key=7D00EE75C05611D6B5A7003048108C13
-- SushiGirl

Reply #43 Posted at Sun Sep 8 07:36:29 2002 203.98.48.151
That is so cool!!
-- Steve O'Shea

Re: Re: General Octopus sighting
Reply #44 Posted at Sun Sep 8 10:04:21 2002 205.188.208.43

The latest thing...don't know why they decided to call it "Octopus Pod" instead of just "Octopod"...

Oooooo, no fair! Now that I've blown all my loose change on eBay trinkets, you show this to me? Sushi, you'd better come up with a plausible-sounding story to tell my husband, about why I will DIE unless I can purchase this wonderful useless tchotchkie immediately!!!!!

P.S.: I'm willing to share Worf with you every once in a while, but if I see you within 10 ft. of Chakotay, you are dead meat! (And wazzup with that forehead tattoo anyhow? Maybe it's a cephalopod also....)

In search of a cheap Bajoran Ear Thingie,
-- Tani (TaningiaDanae)

Reply #45 Posted at Sun Sep 8 13:35:02 2002 80.194.137.13
Hey Tani, didnt know that you knew Star Trek people so well... Next time your hooking up with Chuckles, any chance of sending 7 of 9 over?

Thanks
-- Colin

Reply #46 Posted at Sat Sep 14 03:06:28 2002 68.81.32.182
Coming into this one late, but yeah, I must second what everyone is saying here... that thing is COOL. Thanks for sharing, Sushi!
-- tonmo

Reply #47 Posted at Tue Sep 17 22:52:47 2002 216.184.13.28
Besides the Octopus pictures on my walls that I make, I also have a purple Octopus plastic "so you don't slip and die in the shower" thing that I got from Target for $15.
The other day I was at the local Fish store (right now I have two brackish tanks, am working my way up to full salt and eventually an Octopus ) and they had a teeny little Brown octopus there, which I was simply captivated by. He, however, kept trying to escape - I alerted Mike, the fish guy, who promptly weighted down the lid of the Octo's tank. The next week when I was there he was gone , but not off on an adventure, off to a good (we hope) home.
-- Lithographette

Re: Re: General Octopus sighting
Reply #48 Posted at Sat Sep 21 04:03:25 2002 64.12.96.233

Hey Tani, didnt know that you knew Star Trek people so well... Next time your hooking up with Chuckles, any chance of sending 7 of 9 over?

Thanks
Colin

As per your wishes, I asked 7 of 9 if she'd like to go to Scotland to meet you. In fact I insisted that she do so.... but she just kept repeating that "Insistence Is Futile".

Sorry about that -- but dammit, Colin, I'm a bioluminescent squid, not a matchmaker!

The Tanster (TaningiaDanae)

Reply #49 Posted at Fri Oct 4 22:24:43 2002 213.58.40.70
Back on topic.

I was very pleased the other day to find a transparent liquid hand soap ( Palmolive Aquarium ) with an undersea diorama including a large grinning octopus. Anatomically accurate it isn't, but a nice little soap dispenser it is.
-- amniote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back