[Old Board Archive] General Octopus Sighting (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Re: General Octopus sighting
Reply #30 Posted at Tue Jul 30 05:32:20 2002 205.188.208.43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I'd share the cookie I got at Starbuck's the other day...
octo_cookie.JPG

-- SushiGirl

Reply #31 Posted at Fri Aug 9 15:29:35 2002 64.156.33.64
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, well, well,
I just saw The Best (fictional) fantisy show ever
It was Lord Of The Rings
and the reason I am posting on this site, is because there was this octopus thing that attacked people.
now I don't know why I always love shows like this(Star Wars, The X-Files..)but something about them appeals to me
Anyway the fellowship of the ring people are going thru this mine/tomb when this tenticle shoots out from this underground lake and grabs Frodo,-the hobbit- they fight it of and it gives up.

If you haven't seen this movie. well, you should

My goal is to read all three books(which should be even better than the movie)before the second one comes out.

Hey sushi did you eat that cookie??
Those things from starbucks are pretty nasty
-- Serena

Reply #32 Posted at Fri Aug 9 15:43:51 2002 205.188.193.178
Yeah, I ate it...I sure did expect it to be bad, too...only bought it cuz it was an octo & I had to share that here! But -surprise- it was actually VERY good ! I don't think they made it there...if so, that person needs to start making all their stuff! They also had seahorses and these little octo finger puppets on flavored stir sticks.
-- SushiGirl

Reply #33 Posted at Sat Aug 10 03:41:10 2002 68.81.32.122
Planning to watch Lord of the Rings when it comes out on Direct TV... I heard it'll be ready in a couple of weeks or something. Looking forward to the tentacle scene, thanks for the tip...

mmm... octopus cookie...
-- tonmo

Reply #34 Posted at Sun Aug 11 04:02:38 2002 65.56.125.193
Check out the ornaments carved by the Wounaan and Embera Indians of Panama at http://www.redhorseranch.com

There is a 4-inch octopus bead carved from a tagua nut, natural color but nice. The rainforest animals are interesting and colorful, too. These were recently featured in Ornament magazine.
-- Nancy

Reply #35 Posted at Thu Aug 15 20:50:52 2002 205.188.198.179
OK...I have a strange octo sighting...I was looking at a picture 2 days ago of someone's tuxedo urchin wearing the tank thermometer. Apparently one of my (non-tuxedo) urchins was looking over my shoulder & thought it was a good idea to wear tank items.

This morning I get up and there's one of my urchins, wearing my octo lettuce clip around the tank! Guess he wants to be an octo instead of an urchin!

urchin_clip1.jpg

-- SushiGirl

Reply #36 Posted at Mon Sep 2 19:02:30 2002 152.163.188.36
Sushi, that's soooo cute! But what does a "tuxedo urchin" look like anyway? (I keep visualizing a penguin with spines on its back )

Well, my recent media sighting involves Nickelodeon yet again. It was on an episode of their bilingual educational cartoon, "Dora the Explorer", involving a sweet Latina octopus who captained a ship (or was it a sub? I forget) and wore a jaunty Naval Officer's hat.

So far I have either seen, or heard about, positive ceph depictions on the following Nickelodeon shows: "SpongeBob SquarePants", "Wild Thornberrys", "Oswald the Octopus", "Franklin", and "Dora the Explorer". At this point, I think we ought to award Nick the TONMO Eight-Arm Salute for ceph-friendly kids' programming! What say ye?
-- Tani (TaningiaDanae)

Reply #37 Posted at Mon Sep 2 19:13:53 2002 152.163.188.36
BTW, I don't think I posted this one before -- a li'l honey that I purchased from Merlite a couple of years ago, but they apparently (and fortunately) still have in stock. It's even prettier than it looks in the photo:

http://merlite.com/catalog/details.html?product_id=176900

HINT: Place yourself on their snailmail catalog list, and you'll be able to get it for lower than the online list price (they're always running sales).

Enjoy!
-- Tani (TaningiaDanae)

Reply #38 Posted at Mon Sep 2 19:19:18 2002
Last Modified at Mon Sep 2 19:20:38 2002 by tonmo 68.81.32.182

Tani Said:
BTW, I don't think I posted this one before...

Funky. I like it!
-- tonmo

Reply #39 Posted at Mon Sep 2 23:44:05 2002 210.86.40.141
Another octopus cameo... I just watched 'The Addams Family' for the first time in ages and did a double-take as I noticed an octopus carved on the footboard of Wednesday's bed! Guess cephs counted as macabre enough to make an appearance.
-- Tintenfisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back