• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Ok I have a sorce for O. Briareus and maybe others starting in Oct

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I have a good friend with a wholesale saltwater fish and coral business. I was talking to her yesterday about getting octopus. She told me that she could get them easy in Oct but her concern was being able to sell them. I told her I would help set up the system to hold them. She is a wholesaler and ships all over the lower 48 so she knows what she is doing there. She has a holing system that is going to work perfect for this with a few small mods. So I know it will be easy to get O.Briareus and Mercs. I dont know about Vulgaris or O. Hummelincki but I will try. I think this covers all species in FL. I would expect that we would have more O.Briareus then any other. Prices will be simple and pics of WYSIWYG will go with ever octo. What I need is a list of people who is looking for one. Prices will be Mercs 20-25$+shipping O,Briareus 40$ plus shipping. Others will be priced as they come in. I know Vulgaris very well but I have never seen Hummelincki in person. I have no idea if we will get any of these. These will all come from Crabbers, shrimpers, and long line fishing.
My friend "Diane" Told me she could have got lots of them in the past but had no idea how to sell them. I will be spending several days down there to mod the holding system for octos. This is not about making a bunch of money. This is me trying to give back to the hobby I love so. I am not sure how much shipping will be but I will tell you it will be just what the cost is. Not a jacked up shipping cost. It looks like I will be able to hold about 30 octos at a time. Any Octo I feel is old I will not sell and will just release. I will be looking for young octos. I need a waiting list of people whom want one. I hope I am not doing anything against the rules here on Tonmo. Like I said I am trying to help. I cant count how many times I have seen people looking for an octo but cant find one. A local member from here was looking for one and I made a couple calls and she picked up her new octo today. It took about 2 weeks to find one which is not bad but I would like for everyone to be able to pick and chose. Plus I have no idea about the age of the one she got. Might be old and near the end. Anyway if you want one please post or PM me and I will get you on the list.

I hope I am not doing anything against the rules here on Tonmo. Like I said I am trying to help.
Thanks @sirreal. I take these on a case-by-case basis; there are many considerations so having a hardline policy isn't practical -- it's best to review and decide... I usually choose to delete, but I'm going to allow this post... Being a Ceph Head helps tip the scale in your favor :smile:

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you. Like I said I dont want to do anything against the rules and only want to help the site and members. Is there something I can do to help this work? Is there something thats not right with doing this. I understand some concern about the ethics of selling octos and if there is concern about this please let me know. My hope is by helping others get and keep octos will be a positive situation. Please if there is some kind of control we should put on this I would be happy to. If you want to make this post just for memebers I would be ok with that to.

This is an old post but I will see what I can do. There is issues with the collections but I will contact the person. I have always wanted to help others get octos but finding a reliable source has been an issue. 2 Times I have had people say they get them all the time and then nothing so i dont want to get anyones hopes up

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back