• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

ok everyone here are REEF BUGS!

alright...

look ive talked to my friend and MARC WEISS had nothing to do with the developement and or invention of reef bugs... he is simply being used to market them... so dont think that because its being packeged by them that its bad... now... also my friend has taken a 10 gallon tank a few weeks ago with nothing in it but freshly mixed salt water. he added a small(less than a teaspoon) of reef bugs to it to see if i did contain eggs. sure enough in about a week copopods etc were crawling around in the empty tank. he said that yeah about half of the stuff is cyclopcies and planktonic debris but that is great for feeding corals. the other half on the other hand is exactly what one of yall said about scraping the eggs off of copopods. instead of scraping them though they simple just kindof dried them and crumbled them so there are eggs in it which will hatch... also the thing posted about the wolf eels is true because its his fiancee that raised them and they are swimming in his house and i have personnally seen them and the tank they are in looks like the walls of the tank are crawling there are so many bugs. now to the seahorse thing... he has talked with the people and it is true. he said that the reason that no one has said anything on the market about these is because its put out there by marc weiss which is hurting the sales but the stuff really does what ive said (and hes said) but its just going to take some time to make believers out of ppl. now for all of you that dont have an octopus in your reef tank he has brought up a very good point. yall say that all this stuff will do is settle on the bottom and become detritus. well if you have a copopod population already then they will eat this stuff causing them to reproduce faster. my friend has proven this with the empty tank by not only hatching the eggs but feeding them with reefbugs causing them to reproduce alot faster. now any of yall that are still interested i will continue to post about this to let yall know how it works. i am also going to set up a small tank to do a similar experiment to what my friend did with the bare tank and i will take pictures of the progress and post them. so... two things can come out of this... one, they can work and they can be a big help to all of us who are trying to raise baby octopus, or two they cant and all ive done is waste a little time and money. either way its worth a try so instead of everyone saying thier opinions on wether the stuff works or not can i get ideas from everyone on how to make this stuff work the best for us. i really do think that this stuff will help out the cb octopus industry alot if it works so lets just hope that it does.

oh yeah, im going to talk to Richard to see if he would mind the store being flooded with phone calls about this stuff if any of yall would be interested in calling him about it. he can tell you exactly about the wolf eels and about his friend that invented the stuff and maybe even work out sending some of the stuff to you. so if i can get a show of hands of ppl who would be interested in this and calling him ill ask.

if you just want a sample of the stuff i can probably mail you some if i can get a hold of some stamps etc. only thing is i dont know how the stuff will react to being in the heat of warehouse and trucks of the us mail system... but if you want we can try anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back