oi! Im a newbie! i want to raise an O.vulgaris

jason_taba

Hatchling
Registered
HI! Im jason and i live near Toronto Canada! I want to own and raise a cephelopod...but im havin trouble tryin to find one. Can any body help me? I need information where i can acquire these wonderful creatures!!! thank you very much!!!!!:biggrin2:

Hi Jason and welcome to TONMO.com!

I hope some of our Canadian members will help you with finding an octopus. It seems more difficult to get octos in Canada but we have members keeping them.

A vulgaris is a good octopus but is rather large. Maybe you could start with something smaller, like a bimac, if you can find one.

Good luck with your octo project!

Nancy

cough and sputter. But welcome to Tonmo ! Be sure to read all of the carefully prepared papers written by the experts here !

greg

Nancy said:
Hi Jason and welcome to TONMO.com!

I hope some of our Canadian members will help you with finding an octopus. It seems more difficult to get octos in Canada but we have members keeping them.

A vulgaris is a good octopus but is rather large. Maybe you could start with something smaller, like a bimac, if you can find one.

Good luck with your octo project!

Nancy
thank you very much! i will check on that!

I live in Southern California, and if you can keep your water temp under 72 degrees F (22 C) (ideally 62-67 F (17-19 C), I'm willing to try to catch a young bimac for you, package it for shipping, and give it to you for free. The catch is that you would need to pay the shipping company (Southwest Airlines Cargo) about $95 ($98 Canadian) for NFG ("Next Flight Guaranteed") shipping to Toronto, and pick it up at the airport. I posted the details here.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back