[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Officinalis Eggs Found in Garden

@Fishgeek1979 Do you want me to merge this thread with your introduction and put them into the Cephalopod Journals forum? We would be disappointed if you don't continue to journal these guys! :sagrin: and the whole story will be easier to find.

Best I could get with the iPad camera, will see if my hubby will let me borrow his camera tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 267
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 243
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.5 KB · Views: 246
Temp is 25C that's as low as its going to go without a chiller (which I am trying to sort) add some plastic plants and they are moving about swimming well, hunting the mysis. Watched one stalk up and pounce.

They don't like it too bright so just enough light to keep night/day cycle. Next door to there tank is the mysis breeding tank, but don't think it's going to keep up with their appetites so have offered more mysis and feeder shrimp from lfs.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    962.4 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    889.4 KB · Views: 133
hmmm - well i can download the file above and play it back no problem...

You can also upload it to our Media Gallery for automatic playback. Once it's posted there, you can grab the BB code on the right margin of the view page, and paste it here on the forums, like so:

i think the second video's thumbnail didn't render because the video is short (<10 seconds) but the video plays fine.

Thanks for contributing!! Great stuff.

Hi everyone,

Now have at least six healthy active little babies, eating well and all look perfect.

Does anyone know why they stick the tentacle with the suckers on up in the air like a periscope? Is it like a lure to interest prey? Mine are all doing it, looks very cute.

Amazing! Thanks for that link, my baby's also Bob up and down, specially when a mysid swims past they actually look excited.
They are getting better at catching the shrimp already yesterday was lots of missing but today both times I watched them strike they got them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back