[Octopus]: Odo

I have moved all of my octos when they started out too small for the larger tanks and have never had a problem moving teen/adults. It is just the tiny ones that seem to be very, very sensitive to water changes.

While we’re having great success with Kestra, Odo is a different story... I haven’t seen any sign of him in two weeks. No signs of life or evidence of death. Just a whole lot of nothing. We’ve done water changes as D suggested- “top down” style using water from a different well established tank, the chemistry is spot on, the tank is stocked with a multitude of prey items- nothing to do but wait and see if he’s still alive.

Odo was so young it is hard to make any kind of call. Best case (and quite normal) is that she/he is holed up in the LR. Be sure you keep plenty of small crustacians (pods and hermits and you might try keeping some live shore shrimp in the tank). Worst case, she/he was so small that death did not disrupt the tank. Experience makes me tend toward the first guess. They typically stay hidden until around 5 months old.

Odo was so young it is hard to make any kind of call. Best case (and quite normal) is that she/he is holed up in the LR. Be sure you keep plenty of small crustacians (pods and hermits and you might try keeping some live shore shrimp in the tank). Worst case, she/he was so small that death did not disrupt the tank. Experience makes me tend toward the first guess. They typically stay hidden until around 5 months old.
That is certainly our hope, that it’s just in a rock being shy! Only time will tell, so we’ll just keep up with maintenance and wait for the tax return so we can get some Kessils for growing ricordea and zoanthids.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back