octosimpsons

ok...i was laying in bed trying not to go crazy from the itching under my cast where i couldnt scratch (recently had surgery for a ruptured achilles - also explains how i can spend so much time on this site) so i racked my brain to try and think of other ceph sightings in the simpsons.... in "the great money caper" (homer and bart as con artists) homer lets the valet park his car, but not before removing his purple octo keychain.... in "sweet and sour marge" (sugar outlawed) i think i remember an octo in the logo of the motherloving sugar company (kinda hazy on that one) and then who could forget part of the geography, seen in a multitude of episodes, the springfield squidport

WhiteKiboko said:
ok people... i really may watch the simpsons too much.....

You certainly do! Before it's too late, I suggest that you immediately switch to something more profound and intellectual, like SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS. Remember to take careful notes, because next week there will be a pop quiz consisting of ten multiple choice questions, four essays, and a test of your ability to sing both the show's theme and the "F-U-N" song.

You will not know in advance what the test will cover, but I can tell you that it would be advisable to memorize (a) the characteristics which distinguish Squidward from an actual cephalopod; (b) what poriferan species, if any, are perfectly square-shaped and wear pants: (c) why a squirrel from Texas would want to live underwater; (d) whether copepods are really the embodiment of evil; and (e) how come Patrick Star sounds exactly like "Dauber" on the TV sitcom COACH.

Have fun....
Taningia the "D", Squid-Queen of the Sea

PS: Seriously, I hope your leg heals soon -- I have at various times managed to break my nose, my metatarsal, and my ribs (twice!), and I know it's no fun. Take care of yourself!

i hope all those injuries werent (or nearly) simultaneous....as for mr. squarepants, i just dont know about becoming a fan of another animated show...while i certainly do have the free time at the moment, it so happens im a news junkie, so 3 news networks, combined with simpsons and history channel, and occasional appearances by scooby-doo and dexters lab, i have my little rut, when combined with reading fills the hours....every now and then you get ceph-like creatures on dexters lab.....used to watch jeopardy every now and then but havent for a while... i actually passed the test for college jeopardy, but didnt get selected... it probably didnt help i wasnt a full time student the next semester (a requirement).... i think the info above can count as an essay, now to your questions: a) i have no idea b) theres gotta be some species, since i have a couple specimins sitting in my kitchen, dunno about the pants though... c) texas? decorum prevents me from quoting the movie i want to (just because its a great line) but squirrels are a crafty bunch... d) sure, why not e) because of the efffects of being underwater on accoustics, either that or the show doesnt have a very good budget for actors : ) hope that helps

You are right, Kiboko, in remembering the logo of Mother-lovin sugar as an octo, and a quite voracious meglomaniacal one at that.
As a ceph lover without cable, I have to live without this apparently wonderful world of Spongebob. Although every once in a blue moon when I house sit I do catch a glimpse.

personally, ive never seen spongebob, and am in no hurry.... cant believe i missed two really obvious simpsons ceph sightings... (obvious because theyre on the dvd collections so far released) in "homer's night out" (bachelor party picture episode) bart orders a squid platter with extra tentacles....and in "One Fish, Two fish, Red Fish, Blowfish" (Poisonous sushi where homer might die) bart asks the waiter if they have any "giant squid, the kind that drag men to their deaths"...george takei amusingly responds "not today" anyone think the ammonia flavour from the giant squid would compliment the vinegar in the rice? thats an impressive list of sightings so far...i guess we can contribute that to the over-educated writers of the show....

WhiteKiboko said:
i think the info above can count as an essay, now to your questions: a) i have no idea b) theres gotta be some species, since i have a couple specimins sitting in my kitchen, dunno about the pants though... c) texas? decorum prevents me from quoting the movie i want to (just because its a great line) but squirrels are a crafty bunch... d) sure, why not e) because of the efffects of being underwater on accoustics, either that or the show doesnt have a very good budget for actors : ) hope that helps

You have done well, Grasshopper! Your essay is most graciously accepted and will be applied to your final grade. As for the other questions, here are the correct answers, with which you may grade your own test on an honor system:

a) Six arms, a big nose, a shirt, and a clarinet.
b) Have you tried looking in the clothes dryer?
c) The higher, the fewer.
d) According to Plankton's computer, 1% evil and 99% hot gas.
e) Bill Fagerbakke needed the money.

BTW, you are correct in not wanting to get too deeply into SPONGEBOB..... imagine ending up like these people:

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

(If I ever start having erotic dreams about Squidward, please pull the plug on my computer.... :P )

lithographette said:
EEEEEK!!! :shock:

Forgive me, Lith -- but the public has a right to know what corrupt perversion and perverse corruption lurks on the internet superhighway! And if you think that was a shock to your system, please do not read the rest of this post.

OK everyone.... has Lith logged out? Ready? Prepare to behold the ultimate degradation of today's innocent youth:

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

There is just no excuse for such things in our society! I propose that we find Stephen Hillenburg, strap him into the Comfy Chair, and poke him with the Soft Pillows while listening to the Dead Parrot routine over and over until he loses his mnd.

Tani D. (for Dinsdale), Lord High Lumberjack
CRUMPET
(Cessation of Repugnant Unprovoked Monty Pythonisms by Erudite Twits)

CRUMPET
(Cessation of Repugnant Unprovoked Monty Pythonisms by Erudite Twits)

good to know im not the only one who makes up weird acronyms for my own amusement... if the spot of lord high lumberjack is filled, is there a job opening for sergeant with arms?

ha! i was running out of ceph sightings, but "Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington" (krusty in congress) came through.... when the planes buzz the household, several stuffed animals fall on maggy, including a stuffed octo....

just when you thought i had run out of ammunition.... :smile: no such luck.... in "Grade School Confidential" (Skinner/Krabappel budding romance) bart calls kent brockman to report an escaped octopus on the roof of springfield elementary...

Here's another "Simpsons" ceph-reference:

"Arr, have ye tried a baltic squid? They can suck the bolts off a tugboat."

Captain MacAllister suggests this as a method for removing chewing gum from Lisa's hair.

:shock:

Clem

Let's not forget the Octo's on other cartoons....

How about PowerPuff Girl "Bubbles"! She's always dragging around that little purple octopus doll!

Matt

i believe i left out "30 minutes over tokyo" (simpsons in japan) while working for money to get home, they come across a ceph corporate logo (a suicidal squid with a knife)

"Knife goes in,
Guts Come Out,
Thats what Osaka fish concern is all about"

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back