octosimpsons

in 'thank god, it's doomsday,' when moe's becomes a sushi bar there an octo (or squid) sitting in front of moe waiting to be chopped...

what a shock, its that lavenderish color they seem to paint most cephs with....

:rainbow:

in "the girl who slept too little" dr. nick (while graverobbing) picks up extra arms and says that he's not dr. nick but dr. ock....

unlike the ignorant lobster, the intelligent (and STILL light purple Octopus - come on guys, i dont think cephs do blue in their chromatophores) avoided some dumped nuclear waste in "Homer's Paternity Coot" (homer thinks someone else is his father)....

:rainbow:

in "the wettest stories ever told" (sea theme anthology show) a chef at the frying dutchman is in a knife fight with an octo and is seven knives short...

ok.. on the season 8 dvds during the commentary track, david x. cohen (also worked on futurama) mentioned the fact that the cartoon writer with the squid shirt [in episode 'itchy and scratchy and poochie show' ] is in fact based on him... he goes on to mention that he has had numerous shirts with squids on them and that his dad was a marine biologist (which i believe he mentioned on a futurama commentary but i couldn't identify who said it)...

matt groening also chimed in that (at the time of recording the commentary - at least a couple of months ago i think) he had just TIVOed 2 documentaries on humboldts.... i'm guessing disc and pbs...

in "the haw-hawed couple," a noble octopus steals the scuba tank being used by the delinquents nelson and bart for his own personal use....

Right now Secrets of the Deep is on Discovery, and immediately after is Giant Squid: Caught on Camera, followed by Secrets of the Deep....for anyone who is still up.

watching on dvd, i saw something that i had previously missed in 'lisa the heretic'

there is a purple squid in the jar at the very beginning of stephen j gould's office.... its on screen for maybe a half of a second...

had the tv on, but was on the phone... i think the alien in american dad was holding a realistic (for a cartoon) looking octo for some reason....

i think stewie's stuffed octo in his room also made another appearance in family guy, but like i said, i wasnt watching too closely

where to start with the family guy episode "Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey"? maybe with the big bluish octo at the aquarium, or maybe with peter harassing the octo... then again we could start where the glass broke and the octo attacked, or where the old sailor with 2 peg legs and 2 peg arms threw the octo against the wall, that has its merits.... the again, a few minutes later, said octo outside the house next to his hotrod waiting for peter so he can beat him up is good....

but my favorite has to be the smaller swimming blue octo with 8 peg legs...

WhiteKiboko;62994 said:
(and STILL light purple Octopus - come on guys, i dont think cephs do blue in their chromatophores)

They don't, but they can reflect it either on the white muscle underlying the chromatophores or in their iridophores such as those in the Bimacs eye spot or in the BR. We had one once that totally matched the blue background in his tank!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back