• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octos at the grocery

I saw these at the Asian grocery today and wished I could thaw them out into pets. They are about the size of 2 balled up fists.

n500148470_1150329_9454.jpg

The label reads "OCTOPUS RAW (Philippines/Wild)".

Knowing how smart these animals are makes me really sad to see them in the grocery like this. Then again pigs are also intelligent animals. :bugout:

If you kept looking you would likely have seen a whole lot more. Our Korean market had octopus in everything but live, including some dried arms that made you wonder about the size of the animal it came from as they were quite long. We initially went looking for a Korean market in hopes of trying a food not wannabe rescue to see if it was viable (we also looked for live octopus offerings at the Korean restaurants but none advertised them). We did not get to try the experiment though as all octos were either dead in the iced fresh fish case (I kept looking to see if they moved and to see if I could determine the species - no to both), frozen or dried.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back