• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octos and corals

Tigé21v

Hatchling
Registered
Been looking for a larger tank for my briareus. Came across one heck of a deal on a 90 gallon
90gallon.jpg

90_gallon2.jpg

Guessing most of these corals that come with this tank would be a problem for the octopus? How about a cuttlefish?

The SPS pieces won't be a problem for an octopus, but I would worry that it would knock them over or pull them around and tear them up. Doesn't take any effort at all to snap montipora into pieces. I see some "trumpet/candy cane" corals and euphyllia of sorts and those would burn the octos skin.

Cuttle might do just fine with those corals, but I wouldn't swear on it. Those LPS can and do occasionally have some sweeper tentacles extend out into the water column.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back