• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octos and corals

Tigé21v

Hatchling
Registered
Been looking for a larger tank for my briareus. Came across one heck of a deal on a 90 gallon
90gallon.jpg

90_gallon2.jpg

Guessing most of these corals that come with this tank would be a problem for the octopus? How about a cuttlefish?

The SPS pieces won't be a problem for an octopus, but I would worry that it would knock them over or pull them around and tear them up. Doesn't take any effort at all to snap montipora into pieces. I see some "trumpet/candy cane" corals and euphyllia of sorts and those would burn the octos skin.

Cuttle might do just fine with those corals, but I wouldn't swear on it. Those LPS can and do occasionally have some sweeper tentacles extend out into the water column.