octopuses deserve respect!!!!!!!!!

Although I am quite fond of most insects (mosquitos being a VERY strong exception) my brother is not so and actually invented a long handled spider squishing device which anyone can make in their own home!

It consists of a broomstick from which the broom has been removed, then take an old sock or two and wrap them around the tip, sort of balling them up so they extend beyond the tip a bit. Secure these on with a rubber band. Then, when you need to squish a spider, put a paper towel over the sock part, also with a rubber band, squish your spider, then throw away the paper towel.

When he and I shared a home back when we were younger, he would put the microwave timer on 60 seconds and this was how long I had to get the spider outside before he would squish it. It made for some dramatic moments, but I never lost one! :heee:

Is there a reason for fleas???? Most insects have some reason or are food for something. But fleas?????

I can't think of one thing that eats these!

As to killing the spiders...... How sad!!! :frown:

Carol

I rescued an itty bitty lizard from a spider's web today. He was so pretty and shone copper in the sun. Poor little guy almost got eaten. I find i'm able to conquer the irrational fear of spiders when there's a good reason. The spider was probably a little annoyed, but he'll get over it. heh

hheheh like the question Carol!!! that had me laughing as i thought about applying it to the other animals i listed :smile:

What's the reason for horses and cats? hehehe

Octapush... i have spiders at home including a tarantula as big as my hand that I have had for about 7 years and I like her as much as my octopuses... and at least she can live for 30 years rather than 10 months for the standard octopus! Maybe she cant open a jam jar but she does hunt to thrill the audience LOL there are species of tarantula that need protected too.

Don't let me anywhere near that filthy, hairy, eight-legged, multi-eyed vermin-fanged beast Col - I'd plant my foot, yours and anyone else's up its jacksy so fast it wouldn't know what hit it.

All spiders should be instantly extinguished with Raid or Bug Bomb (whatever brand you have available) - doused continuously in spray until they drown or their little air tubes clog, then smeared into the very earth from which they were spawned with that modified spider-splattering device.

Spiders are EVIL. I'd sooner swim with Mesonychoteuthis than handle one of those .... and yes, I did have a hairy brute crawl up my arm at the Field Museum in Chicago (the big T, Tarantula rex) ... and it did nothing to quell my arachnophobia.

Spiders and needles .... the stuff of nightmares

Well.....

I guess the majority would never visit my house!! I have a hatchling tarantula living in my greenhouse window. Infact he's outgrowing his test tube and getting rather testy about cramped living quarters! So..... do I relocate and leave next Saturday, for the Keys for a week and risk a fate he may get out of his new quarters and terrorize my spouse and daughtor while I'm gone and end up on the end of a Spider Splattering device????? I think not....... Sure, I squish one here and there, but the majority I try to save.

There was a tiny wolf spider at work running around on the wall, jumping from my daughtors artwork to artwork. I watched this little guy for about a week. One day, (I work with 10 other women, who are anti animal) one came up, with a tissue with a squashed little wolf spider ...... :frown:

Carol

Last year I was driving on NM-14, also known as the Turquoise trail, a pretty drive without much traffic and only intermittent evidence of humanity. I saw something in the road up ahead, it looked like a kitten, so I swerved to avoid it and as I passed it I got a quick look and realized it was a
TARANTULA!

I would like to be able to keep more bugs (have just the millepede presently) but have been relocating so much lately (3 times already this year and looking at at least one more) that I don't feel comfortable adding to my collection, but there is a chilean rose-hair at the pet stop I've got my eye on....

obviously this was coming...... :twisted:

Dear Doc'O... please print this out and post it on the wall for your maximum enjoyment :smile:

Argghhhhhhhhh; those things eat birds I hear! Don't miss the sequel "Tweety fights back"

yuck yuck

AAAAHH I agree spiders are awful and they simply give me the creeps :bugout:
Colin I have no idea how you could love one of those things more then a cute kitty!!!??? Now if I EVER saw one the size of a kitten and it was him or I..... I'm sorry but I look at it like its my survival !!LOL

I was really laughing at your post Steve about how much you hate spiders!!! I thought you were the guy who loves all creatures??? I mean aren't you guy I watch on animal planet???? :lol: Of course I agreed with what you said haha

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back