• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus tank

Hi, I have had saltwater for around 5 year now and I was looking into buying a Pygmy octopus. I have a 30 gallon tank but the filtration is built in. Is this safe for an octopus and what are some other things I should get/ know Before I make my decision

Here is a list of recommended, Posts with Info for New Octo Keepers.

An all in one can be used for a dwarf species but you will need to make sure that you have some kind of blocking over the openings that allow water to and from the filtration. Most dwarfs are nocturnal so that dark space is an attraction. I have used (even in larger tanks) very course sponges and lighting to dissuade the octos from wanting to explore this area. Be sure anything you use to block the openings does not block the water flow and is easily cleaned.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back