Octopus (Pro) Wrestling

TaningiaDanae said:
Hey Kiboko, sounds like you are a Lovecraftian too! There are several of us in this community, which is no surprise considering Grandfather Theobaldus' obsession -- albeit a negative one -- with tentacled beings. What are your favorite HPL stories? (Mine are THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH and THE OUTSIDER.)

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Tani, Eldritch Eidolon of the Abominable Atlantic Abyss

by odd (well maybe not odd given how often it comes up on the board) coincidence, a re-emergence of lovecraftian commentary shows up as im in the middle of a book of 4 of his works (rats in walls, colour out of space, dunwich horror and mtns of madness) ive plowed through most of it in the past day and probably about 2/3 done (slightly into mtns) and i have to say rats in the walls was a little bit of a let down...im not really sure what i was expecting, but i guess just something else...the next two stories were better though.... you can definitely see the poe influence...especially with that fascination of first person narration...but at least lovecraft doesnt slather on the french like poe did...(ignoring that my skills are a little rusty it still registers [only took it becuz german wasnt available] ) i know it was a by product of the classical educations and culture of the time but its still a pain..... tracking down cthulhu :cthulhu: is gonna take a trip to a different library branch.... so far, i think im going to have to go with Dunwich Horror as the current champ...i guess ill sign the post the TaniWay....

The Yog-Sothoth of Calamari

Hysterical! On a ,cough, more serious note...I would have to say that my favorite Lovecraft story would be "Colour out of Space"...very well done...but then again, I thought "Rats in the Walls" was kind of funny...any of you like the S. King's "Jerusalems Lot"???
Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back