• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus minor

seagrassbed

Hatchling
Registered
Did anybody try to keep this species as a pet?
Does anybody know whether this is a nocturnal or diurnal species?

Thanks for your help

Please don't click the following articel, if you dont like to hear of octopuses being eaten.
San-nakji - Wikipedia

Quite a few of the Tonmo regulars eat octopus...we used to have recipes somewhere.

I can't stand the flavour, myself...fish tasting bubble gum. Yecch.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with that species...anyone?

I suppose a lot of what you eat depends upon what you were served as a young person. I am an animal lover but enjoy steak and pork. I love the ocean and all its critters but lobster is my favorite food and oysters on the half shell my second favorite. Shrimp, crab and calamarie come in somewhere near the top as well. It is easier to justify this position when you consider that feeding your critters requires providing similar food.

I love seafood as well and octopus and squid are some of my favs...although I don't know if i could eat a squirming one prefer mine deep-fried. If anyone has seen Oldboy thats what he eats.. good movie

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back