• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octopus info

flatidbit

Cuttlefish
Registered
I am looking for information on the octopus species O. hummelinki and the O. aculeatus. I would like to know if they are right for my tank. I would also like to know what type of personality they have.

I have a 75 gallon tank w/ canister filter sump w/ live-rubble, a protien skimmer and a water temp of about 80*.

If anyone has any other suggestions for a octo species pleas let me know.

Your tank is large enough for those two for sure. You should read through the Journals and Photos forum. There are many journals on those two species fairly recently. 80 degrees might be a little bit too warm. You should put a fan on your sump and cool it down 4 or 5 degrees.

Either of those species would be fine for your tank (but not both of them together!)

Both species are interesting to keep and friendly.

Nancy

My hummelincki does extremely well in his 28...your tank would be great for him. Temp of 76 I keep him at, usual temp where they are found in Carribean. Hes out during the day, and in the open a lot. Great appetite, and great personality. Aculeatus I don't know much about, I'll let others answer. But you won't be dissapointed with a hummelincki as a pet.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back