Octopus in southern Spain.

Argala

Hatchling
Registered
Hi!
I was snorkeling this afternoon in Cadiz, and I saw this octopus hiding in a rock. I waited until it left the lair just for a few seconds. It was the first time I saw an octopus in the sea and I was fascinated.
I remember where its lair is, and I'd like to see it again. It's safe to get near an octopus or even touch it? Should I try? I dont want to bother the octopus and I dont know if it was taking care of the eggs or something.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry to bother you guys.

Cheers.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 11.31.45 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 11.15.49 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-24 at 11.31.45 PM.jpeg

wow, that is awesome - great pics!! What a great experience for you.
It's safe to get near an octopus or even touch it? Should I try? I dont want to bother the octopus and I dont know if it was taking care of the eggs or something.
I'm of the mindset of "observe, but don't touch" .... I prefer not to disrupt or disturb, or transfer whatever oils or what-have-you that might be on my fingers. But even more importantly, with octos it's possible that they reach back at you, and latch on to the degree that it's hard to un-entangle yourself, which could be quite scary, or worse -- so I suggest keeping a healthy distance! It's not that they even intend to cause harm, but it could get dangerous as they explore, and maybe decide not to let go. It happens!

Hi!
I was snorkeling this afternoon in Cadiz, and I saw this octopus hiding in a rock. I waited until it left the lair just for a few seconds. It was the first time I saw an octopus in the sea and I was fascinated.
I remember where its lair is, and I'd like to see it again. It's safe to get near an octopus or even touch it? Should I try? I dont want to bother the octopus and I dont know if it was taking care of the eggs or something.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry to bother you guys.

Cheers.
It great experience for you, Would like to have this adventure on my next trip in Oahu

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back