• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Octopus found in the market.

I went to supermarket to invite some friend to have lunch ( i'm newby like cooker:mrgreen: ) , and I found and I bought it. But this colour make me confuse, usually the dead octopus are grey not brown. The woman who sell to me, said it is "Rock octopus". For me it is a common Mediterranean Octopus vulgaris, but it is fishend in Morocco, and the colour... Now maybe it is glucose and proteins:twisted: It tastes good!!!

In the aquariums octopus looks like devil's son; the expresion of their eyes ocult fire :mad: , but here, for sure, this eyes are... looks like it needs help.

Very pretty animal.

Upvote 0
poor thing.... on another note, if a octo is frozen right after being caught, then it would retain it's "life" colors instead of going the grey "dead" color

Upvote 0

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Did you have a look at the way the suckers are arranged on the arms? If it has a single row it will be one of the Eledone species

I regularly buy Eledone, not for me but my stingrays love them :smile:

Upvote 0

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHF8

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan