• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus for 34g

Cephman;130596 said:
Does anyone know of an octopus that could live in a 34g reef tank?:old:

That's pretty small, but I would say a Merc might be okay or some other dwarf species. Also, I don't think they are really all that compatible with a reef set up. You should probably do some more reading before you attempt this.

Amygdalan;130598 said:
That's pretty small, but I would say a Merc might be okay or some other dwarf species. Also, I don't think they are really all that compatible with a reef set up. You should probably do some more reading before you attempt this.

Well that was option A. So is it possible that someone here could get me a carribean reef octopus?

Caribbean Reef Octopus is the common name for O. briareus... and it would outgrow a 34 gallon tank in about 3 months assuming you got a baby. Mine is in a 75 gallon and I wish the tank was bigger so the octopus would have more room to move around. Stretched out on the front glass it can almost touch both sides, and the tank is 48 inches wide.

Animal Mother;130606 said:
Caribbean Reef Octopus is the common name for O. briareus... and it would outgrow a 34 gallon tank in about 3 months assuming you got a baby. Mine is in a 75 gallon and I wish the tank was bigger so the octopus would have more room to move around. Stretched out on the front glass it can almost touch both sides, and the tank is 48 inches wide.

I just found out my LFS has a 300g tank for sale that comes with a bunch of live rock and corals-no stingy ones though...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back