• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus eye issue

Kristen100

Hatchling
Registered
One of my octopus's eyes is always very bright white, and the other is very dark. Is this normal,
IMG_8162.jpeg
IMG_8165.jpeg
IMG_8149.jpeg
IMG_8147.jpeg
or does it look like a health concern?

it's hard to tell from the pics (almost looks like the siphon). The last pic looks normal, but maybe that's just because it's the back of the eye.

I'm sorry you and your octo are dealing with this; I'm not sure if anyone has recommendations for treatment, but I can dig through our archives for injury care; it's certainly been discussed in our forums, broadly speaking. I know @robyn has direct experience and has done research in anesthesia for cephs, etc, so it may be worth reviewing her posts/threads.

it's hard to tell from the pics (almost looks like the siphon). The last pic looks normal, but maybe that's just because it's the back of the eye.

I'm sorry you and your octo are dealing with this; I'm not sure if anyone has recommendations for treatment, but I can dig through our archives for injury care; it's certainly been discussed in our forums, broadly speaking. I know @robyn has direct experience and has done research in anesthesia for cephs, etc, so it may be worth reviewing her posts/threads.
Thank you very much for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back