• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

After Octo

I have two tanks a 240 And I am looking for a big Octo and a 50 Little Octo. So if anybody has any for sale let me know. Big Octo are hard to find.

Ok, I didn't look through any of the other pages of this topic, so sorry if this has already been asked, but will anyone have any young bimacs in about 4-6 months that they would sell me for cheap? Thanks...

didnt read all 29 pages but southwest reef co. gets them on occasion, and will order anything for you on demand. He has the knowledge and expertise for anything I have even seen him raise a black tipped reef shark in his old store where he had a 1000 gallon pond for it! At one point he had a bimac for about 3 months before someone bought it and he regularly would play with it!

Looks like the summer will be a better time to buy than right now. Marinebio_guy is planning to have octos for sale, zyan silver's dad is planning to continue the bimac breeding program.

We'll be looking into what's available now for an update.

Nancy

Danthemarineman reports that he's getting one or two O. mercatoris in every week. Please contact him if you're interested in this dwarf species.

Nancy

Liveaquaria has some in stock just recieved one a week ago... dont know what species(still working on that). They were harvested from the Indo Pacific...

tank set-up?

Looking for some advice on how to set up a tank for a bimac and also one for a vulgaris. tank size? type of chiller? type of filtration/skimmer? UV sterilizer? sump vs. refugium? Any advice will be appreciated.

zombie;94439 said:
Looking for some advice on how to set up a tank for a bimac and also one for a vulgaris. tank size? type of chiller? type of filtration/skimmer? UV sterilizer? sump vs. refugium? Any advice will be appreciated.

I don't know much but i know how to answer that question.

for i bimac you need a 50 gallon or larger. for a vulgaris i'm not sure but well over 100 gallons. I don't think you need a uv sterilizer, but it would probably be good to prevent infection. chillers are expensive, but important for such creatures. when i first looked at the prices i thought to myself "360 dollars for this?" i don't know if it's best but heres a link to the kind i'm thinking of getting.

http://www.evendorz.com/products.asp?stid=6249&product_id=260114998908

I'm still learining too, so don't take my advice too seriously, and if anyone sees anything wrong with my advice please tell me.

zombie;94439 said:

for a bimac, there's an equipment list in the ceph care articles, although some of your questions are "could go either way" with respect to that, but these sorts of things are discussed a lot in older posts: forum search is your friend! Relatively few people have been keeping vulgaris around TONMO because they need such huge tanks, but there's some discussion of them as well in old posts...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back