• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Zyan, your setup seems pretty amazing! Do you happen to have any photos, or a Flickr album, etc? The '15 octopuses crawling on the glass' seems like a great pic.

Thanks!

Bimac availability

So I have been thinking about it and I guess I will still sell bimacs to people as long as you pick it up. Meaning if you live in the southern California area, you should definetley contact me if you are interested but shipping to anywhere is out of the question.

I can get bimacs easily this time of year so if your local just pm me please because I would be happy to sell one to you.

I'm in L.A. and happy to drive 1-2 hours. Does anyone have a bimac for sale?

sealifeinc.net also known as "Old Diver" on ebay has dwarf octopi.
I just got 4 yesterday and they are all complete ond he also sent one complete with eggs.
Layton

I got a dwarf of eBay for my 30 gal Hex next to my O.aculeatus tank. The dwarf they sent was O.mercatoris (though it was sold as Joubini). He's happily eating small crabs and shrimp and seems healthy.
A red LED helps make him observable at night time (the blue "moonlight simulator" was too bright and he wouldn't come out). Though they're small and nocturnal, they are interesting as well.

I've been looking all over the internet for a Bimac. Sure, I found them, but everyone is "out of stock" I clicked every link on the source page but no dice there. I finally found one and I ordered it, just to find out today that it didn't ship and now the website says "out of stock" again. Looks like someone beat me to it. All I can find is dwarfs/pigmy's. Can anyone help me find a bimac? With all the people breeding them I would have thought it would be easier to find. Can someone direct me to a current source? My tank has been all duct-taped up and it looks so lonely with no little buddy in there :frown:

hidden reef reopening

:welcome: :welcome:
SpawnoChaos;74940 said:
I just wanted to let you all know that while I was looking at setting up an aggressive species tank I stopped by That Pet Place in Lancaster Pennsylvania (its about 40 minutes north of me) and they DO sell octos. However, when I was there last (about 1 month ago) the octo that they had there was classified as "common brown octopus"... which kind of made me laugh since there is nothing "common" or "brown" about most octos.

Also, The Hidden Reef that was mentioned earlier that is located in downtown Philly recently burned to the ground in some sort of freak fire accident. I hear that they are rebuilding and will be open for business again, though I am not sure when that is going to be. I'll try to see what I can find out.

the hidden reef was located in northeast philly not downtown.they have relocated to bristol pa. area in amuch larger building.I stopped by a couple weeks ago and the large fish room area was not yet operational.Isee the new place as a mini That pet place and I cant wait for the fish room to be completed as it was the best fish store in philly before the fire but now it looks to be bigger and better.

I've been reading up on octopus and preparing myself a tank for a few months now. $1000 so far and I haven't got a living thing yet. :wink: Anyhow, the shop that I deal with rarely gets them in. The fish market across the street gets them in as well and the owner told me that they sell them to my shop. Is there a good reason for not making a deal with the fish market to get an octopus? And one more question... has anyone ever put 2 or 3 babys in a tank at the same time? I know that they are solitary, but I would love to actually have a breeding pair, even if I had to drop another grand for a spare tank.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back