• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi all,

I'm opening this thread a place to record where octopuses are currently offered for sale. I'll update this thread and delete out of date posts, so we keep the information current.

Please post only sites and LFSs that you've verified - in other words, you need to have phoned or visited to make sure any offering on the web is for real. No advertising directly from dealers allowed on this thread.

Nancy

I'll be the first to post here:

Fish Supply is receiving a limited supply of octopuses - I believe they're mostly from Indonesia. They're known for doing a good job with shipping.

Just read about someone reporting an octo from Foster and Smith, and it arrived in good shape.

Some places may still have bimacs.

Nancy

Marine Depot Live has taken the "Temporarily out of stock" text off their octopus page, so bimacs are presumably available.

Note should be made, however, that they claim to have Octopus bimaculatus rather than O. bimaculoides, which is more common in the hobby. What species they actually have has not been verified, however.

Dan

That Pet Place in Pa had what they said was a baby Vulgaris. I had thoughts of running out there but Jess has been sick.

corw314 said:
That Pet Place in Pa had what they said was a baby Vulgaris. I had thoughts of running out there but Jess has been sick.

PA, pennsylvania? I know a pet store in Philadelphia called "The Hidden Reef"...they have a website, but don't have the pets listed. You have to call them. Iv called them before though and they have an octopus in stock, but from what iv heard...its in terrible condition. Only has 2 arms and doesn't do anything.

I have access to tons of bimac's where I live. I am shipping one to Dan hopefully in the next couple days. I do not run a buisness although my dad wants me to but I can do side deals with people if I feel they're trusted. I posted some pics of bimacs earlier and If your interested I can sell em cheap to you. Possibly free as long as you pay shipping. I don't know if thats considered worthy for this thread and I won't take it personaly nancy if you delete this.

Im an LFS owner and I havent been able to get my hands on anything other than blue rings (no thanks....).

Marineboy if you can get me 1-3 Id take em in a minute. Especially if they are smaller ones. Ive got one tank at home for one, and I would rig up more at my store for the others.

If anyone knows were to get one, even if its a wholesale vendor let me know. Preferable bimacs, but others would be fine (other than bluering).

cheers

Hi all,

We've heard from Richard at TBS (Tampa Bay Saltwater) - he has octos for sale:

2 vulgaris (one large and one small) - nice octos, but you'll need a big tank!
2 dwarf octos (joubini)

Richard also mentions that he can get vulgaris all year long, but joubini is only collected in the spring and is coming to the end of its season.

You can contact him at [email protected] or send a PM to liverock.

And a request: please post only sites you have verified - please contact them to see if they really do have octos available.

Thanks

Nancy

Fish Supply is still getting some a few octos in, species unknown. They're in Huntington Beach, CA, if any of you are in the neighborhood.

Nancy

marineboy said:
I have access to tons of bimac's where I live. I am shipping one to Dan hopefully in the next couple days. I do not run a buisness although my dad wants me to but I can do side deals with people if I feel they're trusted. I posted some pics of bimacs earlier and If your interested I can sell em cheap to you. Possibly free as long as you pay shipping. I don't know if thats considered worthy for this thread and I won't take it personaly nancy if you delete this.

that actually sounds really cool, let me know if you're still up for doing that.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back