• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

I am looking for an octopus, any kind would be fine but no blue ring octopus ( I have kids :smile:) PM me if anyone is selling one or know where I can get my hands on one. Thanks

Octopus Briareus - young

I believe I will have a post tomorrow on anywhere from two to four very young O. briareus available from K&P Aquatics (the collectors who sent me Yeti and Octavia as well as many others over the years). There were two photos (labeled octo#2 and octo#4) in my email tonight but no associated text. I have let them know I am likely missing information and expect details tomorrow but I wanted to add a heads up for anyone looking.

This species is well suited for a 65+ warm water species only tank. They are typically shy until somewhere between 4 and 5 months (I am guessing 2-3 months old from the photos, could be younger). Freshly killed shore shrimp works well on a feeding stick at this point but be sure you have lots of pods in the tank. Small hermits might also be a good idea. See Carol's "squid" journal for a current keeper.

O. briareus at K&PAquatics

Kara seems to be having some issues with her beloved phone but I did get two additional emails so I will add teaser photos :sagrin: I have asked them for pricing but if you are interested, contact them directly. Keep in mind that these are VERY young and will need extreme patience and attention for a few months. I recommend having shore shrimp available in a separate tank (a 2 gallon with a small hang on and a filter bag over the intake works well).

O. briareus #1 - CaptFish

O. briareus #2

O. briareus #3

O. brieareus #4 - CaptFish

Attachments

• conv_299998.jpg
    conv_299998.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 90
  • conv_299999.jpg
    conv_299999.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 80
  • conv_300000.jpg
    conv_300000.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 94
  • conv_300001.jpg
    conv_300001.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
You can to to sealifeinc.net s website's contact page or use this email: [email protected] . They are in the process of transitioning to a new website under their new name but progress has been stymied a bit. ATM they are not listed so emailing them is likely the best method. It is odd not to have them respond and I got their messages in an odd order so I suspect problems with their internet.

They are expecting you :biggrin2:

Anyone considering one of these animals, might think about ordering a few hermit crabs if you can't get shore shrimp right away (K&P don't have them as they are much too hard to collect in the keys). I have not had a lot of luck feeding hermits but I just saw Yeti mauling one a few minutes ago. He had to debate between the offered shrimp and the shell but momentarily dropped the shell to take the shrimp :biggrin2:. I believe Yeti is still slightly younger than the smallest of these but they would be close in age. The last one looks to be maybe a month older.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back