• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

At that price I'm just about breacking even. If you can find someone selling them for cheaper I will beat there price. But I dought you could even find a wild caught animal cheaper than that unless you catch it yourself, although the permit to do so would cost more than $50. If you pick it up from me in the L.A. area I might be able to go down to $35 total, but that would only be for hatchlings.

Actually, I think one of the problems we're having as octopus keepers is that our breeders are selling their tank-bred octopuses for far too little money. I'd like to see octopuses go for twice as much. People like marinebio_guy put a lot of time and money into the breeding project and then sell for little or no profit. There is little reason to do it again or for others to get interested in breeding.

We watched Octopets go under, after selling their little bimacs for very little.

Just go to an LFS and price the fish and corals to see what a bargain an octopus is.

Nancy

yeah, all of us know as buyers it's tough to spend very much money on stuff, but you gotta think of how much the person is spending just to breed them, let alone keep the babies until there sold.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back