• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus availability in Hong Kong??

Well, its been a few years since first being interested in the little cephs...and I got out of the hobby for a bit, but not that I find myself working for an aquatics store, it makes it much harder not to be back into the hobby more. However...I think I personally would be more interested in smaller octopus species like the o. mercatoris (especially if they are a bit easier to bred)...which if I'm correct, are more from the Atlantic ocean...and I may be uprooting my wife and I to Hong Kong this year at some point...and wondering if anyone knows about availability of smaller species in that area...if you have any knowledge I'd greatly appreciate it while I continue to do searching as well :mrgreen:
Luke

We do have members in Hong Kong, and it's certainly an area where octopuses should be available. Maybe you should put something in the title of this thread like Octo in Hong Kong, so that it will attract more attention.

Nancy

You might want to check the local fish markets in Hong Kong. A lot of cultures eat octopus especially in Asia. We have one member on here that has been trying to keep octopuses he finds at his local Korean market.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back