Octopus #2 Has arrived!

Ya know....I have gotten such a variety of octopuses, all lumped under "Common Brown Octopus" or Vulgaris. I think I've had about 6 different species. I always have to go look when they say they have one in.

Congratulations and welcome to Octopus #2. Is he going to get a real name or will he always be know as the mysterious Octopus #2? :smile:

Nancy

I'm open to suggestions! I'm at a loss for the first time namewise, so I've been referring to him as Octo#2...He's doing very well. Likes to watch us. Has taken up residence under the bubblefilter in the back corner where we can always see him. He flashes colors when we bend down to look. I fed him a huge local crab yesterday, as I did not have anymore food other than this crab we rescued after the last hurricane. He stayed out in the open feeding and when he was done pushed all remains to the front of the tank so I could remove them. That is a first. None of my octopuses have ever deliberately put the remains in an easy spot to be removed. He has different colorations than Squiggles. While he does the small polka dot look, he also puts larger white spotches along with the tiny dots plus did the conehead with the black/white split perfectly down the middle. I'm thinking these behaviors are related to eating as he had just captured the huge crab.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back