[Octopodcast]: Episode 6, Interview with Colin Dunlop

:birthday: Colin!

I haven't had time to listen yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Tony I could listen to you pushing phone buttons all day :wink:

If you want some more of my band's music for the next 'cast, there's no more squid songs but lots of Lovecrafty, math, spacey, and superhero ones.

Yes, it is now part of the Octopodcast formula... live dialing! :mrgreen: Ah, the things I can do with a captive audience! :madsci:

lovecrafty / spacey = in!

HEY COLIN......:birthday: Belated from me and Jess!

I have.......dial-up so unfortunatley have missed the last 3 as I don't have the time to wait 45 minutes for it to download:roll: . Sooonnnn.....verrrryyyy sooonnnnnn....I will have cable.....

Hi Everyone -

thanks for the birthday wishes, I have been run off my feet since then but some of it was 'good fun work' so cant complain. Put a ring on my first bird of prey just yesterday - a kestrel.

Kevin - In the UK the hard Greek version tends to be used so its kephalopods and kephalothorax etc etc.

cheers for now
Colin

Colin said:
thanks for the birthday wishes, I have been run off my feet since then but some of it was 'good fun work' so cant complain. Put a ring on my first bird of prey just yesterday - a kestrel.

Wow! Any pictures?

Kevin - In the UK the hard Greek version tends to be used so its kephalopods and kephalothorax etc etc

Must be the Seltic influence, er, I mean the Keltic influence...

(images of art involving Cephalopod arms tied in Celtic knots pop into my mind)

Colin,
I just listened to the Octopodcast and felt like I just heard a kindred soul. to put me thourgh school in marine biology, I have worked for the US Forest Service as a wildlife biological technician. I as well have done some bird banding in my time here (just using mist netting. We have never visited nests to get the chicks), as well as Bull Trout pit-tagging (a threatened species), trackplate surveys for American Marten (sables) and Fisher (a bigger sable), hair traps for Canadian Lynx. My passion (as far as terrestrial animals goes) is in herps, and have become known as a sort of amphibian expert on the local forest, and I have done survey work with the Columbia Spotted Frog (a candidate threatened species.) I just wanted to let you know that I could very much identify with you work, and it is good to know there are other cephalopod lovers with that background.
Kirt Onthank

Hi Kirt

Its one of the amazing things about this website that people interested in cephalopods also have so much else in common... Sounds like a very similar background!

Colin :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back