Octopets

Nancy said:
I had left a message at the Aquafarm and someone returned my call and gave me a new phone number for Jim at Octopets, but it turned out to be the same one I have.

Will try again on Monday.

Nancy,

If it seems appropriate in the conversation (and assuming the worst) you might ask if they would be receptive to some of us contacting them about eggs. Since there is presumably a population of bimacs in their lagoon, maybe someone there would be willing to grab a festoon next time they're in the water and send them out, or at least have a lead on someone who might.

Dan

edit: PS Tony, I like the new buttons!

Here are where they are raised, outdoors. Sea horses are indoors, along with the bivalve purging area. The dock is above the octo bins. Wild Bimacs are on the lagoon on the left. The right is a water processing area for the powerplant i believe. Fast moving water, probley little to no octos in there. Clams and Oysters are also in the left lagoon. Abalone in the bins north of octos.

Attachments

• conv_288816.jpg
    conv_288816.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
Travis, thank you for posting this photo and explanation of how Octopets is (or was :sad: ) set up. This is the best view of the facilities posted so far. It's easy to see that the bimacs didn't have far to go when they made their great escape last year!

Dan, I will ask about eggs and any other ways we can get bimacs. We still don't know whether Octopets is really gone, whether Jim is raising bimacs elsewhere, or whether Aquafarms is continuing the work.

I'm also going to talk with someone else at Fish Supply, who may know more.

Nancy

Nancy said:
Dan, I will ask about eggs and any other ways we can get bimacs. We still don't know whether Octopets is really gone, whether Jim is raising bimacs elsewhere, or whether Aquafarms is continuing the work.

Thanks, Nancy. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Dan

Today I reached the Manager at Fish Supply who is in contact with Octopets. He said that Octopets is still breeding, that the octos are very young and they expect to be carrying the tank bred bimacs in a couple of months.

There were some language difficulties and I couldn't make out whether it was Jim raising the bimacs or whether it was the Aquafarm, but whatever, this person seemed sure that we'd have tank bred bimacs eventually.

Nancy

Well, that's good news! The time frame is a little disappointing, but I've waited this long :wink:

Are you still planning on calling the Aquafarm to get the lowdown on whether its them or Jim?

Dan

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back