• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octopets

unsound

Cuttlefish
Registered
has anyone ever ordered from octopets before? im a little confused with some of the products like the pod farm what exactly is that and also the rainbow abalones.

thanks for your help

Hi and welcome!

I think there are 8 or so of us that have babies from Octopets!!! All are doing very well! Good experience too! As to the podfarm, not sure but abalone is a type of clam I believe.

If I'm noy Wrong the pod farm is a system that helps you breed amphipods. The abalone is a kind of shellfish (which I like to eat :smile: ), its shell colours depend on the food it eats, if you feed it different foods, layers of colours will be formed.

I have ordered from thee and would do it again!!

Jim will answer any questions you have if you email him.

Joel is right the pod farm is for amphis and is really benefically for newly hatched octos.

When you octo is big enough it would prolly eat the abalone.

octopets #1

My octopus came the next day after I had ordered it. I ordered the "kit" so that I had clams to feed it. It's been 3 months now and he's doing great!

I just ordered the pod farm. It comes with a HUGE clump of macro and about 100 pods (guessing, but it's alot!). These look like a mix between a shrimp and a pill bug. Green, and the biggest is about 3/4 of an inch long.

I'd definatly recommend them to anyone as I've had tons of positive contact with them, and most importantly, my octo is alive!

Cheers!

Could someone post a link to Octopets, please? Of course, now that I asked ... its probably a really simple site that I should have been able to figure out by myself. :roll: Where are they located? I'm on the west coast USA and don't want the package to travel 3000 miles.

Thanks!

Richard

Wartooth said:
Could someone post a link to Octopets, please? Of course, now that I asked ... its probably a really simple site that I should have been able to figure out by myself. :roll:

yep, you wern't far wrong there LOL 8)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back