October 8th is Cephalopod Awareness Day

I will definitely wear something cephy ... wait, I AM wearing something cephy! Two nautilus rings, one octopus necklace and an octopus T-shirt. I guess I will have to wear my octopus socks and Skechers with the octopus shoe laces later today :sagrin:

So... at school today, my 1st grader was listening to the directions for a pumpkin art project that they are to complete at home. He raised his hand to ask if he could use an ammonite. The teacher did not know what an ammonite was, so he told her that it was something that lived a long time ago and they are not alive anymore. :biggrin2:

I'm not sure she really knows what to do with him... can't wait till parent teacher conferences...

I asked my Kindergarten students what was their favorite cephalopod today and one girl(unprompted) said that the difference between a squid and a cuttlefish was that squid didn't have a shell but cuttlefish did.

I have a friend visiting and introduced her to Zilch (nautilus), Shiitake (octopus) and she hand fed Zero, Zorba, Jabba and Jool(cuttlefish). She tried feeding Zilch but was not comfortable on the ladder and not being able to clearly see the naut. She decided against feeding Shiitake :sagrin: but did watch her being fed. Another egg hatched today (but before we went to bed so I figure it still counts for the 8th) and she got to see a new hatched cuttlefish so I think I did my fair share of introductions :biggrin2:
feedingSandy.JPG

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back