October 2nd TONMO event: a Toast to Monty

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
On Saturday, October 2nd this is the thread where we can toast Monty on what would have been his 43rd birthday. Please mark your calendars and join us for just a few minutes to hoist a glass (and post a pic if you can) in remembrance of one TONMO's dearest.

:monty:

Might be kind of nice if those of us whose time zones are relatively close could make it at bout the same time...7 pm West coast= 10pm East coast...nor necessary, of course, but nice. Not possible for the
Europeans or Kiwis, but maybe for the rest of us.

I'll certainly represent for the NYC contingent on that date (as I assume Melissa will too). BTW, about a week ago I received a beautiful postal note from Monty's parents thanking me for the sympathy card I sent. Though I never had the privilege of meeting Monty, I remember how gracious he was towards everyone on TONMO, both newcomers and regulars -- his memory will live on in our hearts and minds.

Per Nora, the official toast will occur @ 6pm PST, 9pm EST. If you can make it at that time, that's great - if not, please post anyway at your convenience. This is the thread to post it in. Thanks very much Valerie for "bringing us there" via computer / laptop.

Reminder, toasts to Mark at 6pm PST, 9pm EST (about 4 hours, 20 minutes from now). Not knowing what I would be doing at 9pm, I had a toast a bit earlier today, but now I believe I should be around at that time, so I'll post it then.

CHEERS to Monty.
If I look lonely in this picture, it's because I miss him. Mark was such a great guy, and at an equal level he contributed so much to our community. He's one of those few people who really made the Internet something akin to magic. I'm very glad to have known him, and am forever grateful to his contributions. I look forward to the Mark Montague awards at future TONMOCONs ("the Montys"); it'll be a great opportunity to celebrate who he was and the importance of intellectual honesty when it comes to the pursuit of higher learning about cephalopods.

Thanks again Monty, and cheers!

:cheers: :monty:

Attachments

• conv_297058.jpg
    conv_297058.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 119
You were fantastic! I cant tell you the number of time I go to PM you a question only to remember that you aren't with us anymore. Here's to Monty! Repository of all things cephy and all around great guy.

Salute

Neal and Denise and little namesake Monty sending our love, sadness and final respects.

Attachments

• conv_297059.jpg
    conv_297059.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
  • conv_297060.jpg
    conv_297060.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 123
  • conv_297061.jpg
    conv_297061.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 121
  • conv_297062.jpg
    conv_297062.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 119
Here's to Monty.

tomonty.jpg

After toasting to Monty we (myself and a few fellow captains) went outside and had a moment of silence for Monty after which I poured his shot into the sea.

formonty.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back