• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community. Founded in 2000, we have built a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up - it's free! You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and gain access to our Supporters forum. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more cephy goodness.

October 2nd TONMO event: a Toast to Monty

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
On Saturday, October 2nd this is the thread where we can toast Monty on what would have been his 43rd birthday. Please mark your calendars and join us for just a few minutes to hoist a glass (and post a pic if you can) in remembrance of one TONMO's dearest.

:monty:

Might be kind of nice if those of us whose time zones are relatively close could make it at bout the same time...7 pm West coast= 10pm East coast...nor necessary, of course, but nice. Not possible for the
Europeans or Kiwis, but maybe for the rest of us.

I'll certainly represent for the NYC contingent on that date (as I assume Melissa will too). BTW, about a week ago I received a beautiful postal note from Monty's parents thanking me for the sympathy card I sent. Though I never had the privilege of meeting Monty, I remember how gracious he was towards everyone on TONMO, both newcomers and regulars -- his memory will live on in our hearts and minds.

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Per Nora, the official toast will occur @ 6pm PST, 9pm EST. If you can make it at that time, that's great - if not, please post anyway at your convenience. This is the thread to post it in. Thanks very much Valerie for "bringing us there" via computer / laptop.

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
I will be out in the desert tomorrow night, but at 7pm MDT I will hoist a glass (wish I had some Kraken) in Monty's honor.

To Monty, who's intelligence and thoughtfulness helped us all see more clearly through the eyes of a cephalopod.

Cheers, :glass::monty:

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Reminder, toasts to Mark at 6pm PST, 9pm EST (about 4 hours, 20 minutes from now). Not knowing what I would be doing at 9pm, I had a toast a bit earlier today, but now I believe I should be around at that time, so I'll post it then.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtledragon

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak