• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo Proof

muskox

Blue Ring
Registered
I wanted to know what was the best way to octo proof an overflow/bulkhead or even the whole tank. How did you guys octo proof and why does it work for you. Feel free to post pictures.:wink: Thanks.

I did the overflow at work like this
octo-proof-overflow-drain.jpg

I used an extension of pvc pipe, about 8 inches, and an end cap. The pvc has lots of 3/8th inch holes in it. The downside is that might not work with a real small octopus, and it causes a little drag on the drain rate. It needs to be cleaned regularly but it's easy to clean. I will do this with my next tank. As a precaution though it would be wise to buy a "window screen repair kit" and cut pieces to fit whatever things you want further octo proof, and you can secure them in place with rubber bands or zip ties.

I used styrofoam to fill in the gaps around the top of my tank, and lots of duct tape.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back