Octo-hair or Egg Teeth?

Here's another couple of refs John:

Boletzky, S. von. 1977. Post-hatching behaviour and mode of life in cephalopods. Pp 557-567, In Nixon, M, and Messenger, J.B. (Eds) 'The Biology of Cephalopods' Symposia of the Biological Society of London, Volume 38.

Boletzky, S. von. 1989. Recent studies on spawning, embryonic development and hatching in the Cephalopoda. Advances in Marine Biology 25: 85-115.

..... and here are two pics from our very own files (way back in the dark ages)

download.php

download.php

At Larval octopus (although for some reason my link isn't working right now; go to page 6 of P & B and you see the same-titled thread)

Fujisawas Sake said:
Steve,

Out of curiosity, are you able to re-post those pictures?

I have to track them down again I'm afraid, and that's rather difficult to do right now. They will exist somewhere ... we'll find them again.
O

Just ressurecting an old thread. Thought this paper that I stumbled upon today might be of interest to you John.

Budelmann, B.U.; Bleckmann, H. 1988. A lateral line analogue in cephalopods: water waves generate microphonic potentials in the epidermal head lines of Sepia and Lolliguncula. Journal of Comparative Physiology A, 164: 1-5.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back