• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo food??

Good job! Let me know what you find out. Our plans may be slightly delayed as it seems my son's transmission is going to take part of the weekend.

dwhatley;121778 said:
Good job! Let me know what you find out. Our plans may be slightly delayed as it seems my son's transmission is going to take part of the weekend.

:sad: Well I left a message today and tried 3 other times with no response.

who knows, I will keep trying
:banghead:

corw314;121883 said:
Oscar was ordered from saltwaterfish.com. He seems very healthy and happy and I got a Saturday delivery. Total cost was 75

I actually keep checking to see if they get them in but no luck so far

If you add them to your wish list they email you when they get them back in stock. This is how I got Oscar and he's the 2-spot caribbean or at least we think he is. I was very pleased on the way they package also.

corw314;121890 said:
If you add them to your wish list they email you when they get them back in stock. This is how I got Oscar and he's the 2-spot caribbean or at least we think he is. I was very pleased on the way they package also.

Yeah, I did that too--lol twice... hmmm just waiting

sorry to go off the trail of this thread, but I should finally be getting cuttles in about 4 months and am looking for food, would salt water acclimated mollies provide a good source of food for cuttlefish, as a staple?

L8 2 RISE;121917 said:
sorry to go off the trail of this thread, but I should finally be getting cuttles in about 4 months and am looking for food, would salt water acclimated mollies provide a good source of food for cuttlefish, as a staple?

Cuttles really prefer shrimp or crabs as a prey item. I think that while they will probably eat the mollies, since their diet in the wild is primarily crustaceans (shrimp, crabs and lobster) that is what you should feed them in captivity.

cuttlegirl;122194 said:
Cuttles really prefer shrimp or crabs as a prey item. I think that while they will probably eat the mollies, since their diet in the wild is primarily crustaceans (shrimp, crabs and lobster) that is what you should feed them in captivity.

And don't forget octopus. I still have problems with that video you posted :hmm:. I am warming back up to cuttles but I would have been soooo upset if I had been playing with an octo and something came up and ate it because I had the octos attention. In all likelyhood the cuttle would have gotten it anyway but still ...

dwhatley;122196 said:
And don't forget octopus. I still have problems with that video you posted :hmm:. I am warming back up to cuttles but I would have been soooo upset if I had been playing with an octo and something came up and ate it because I had the octos attention. In all likelyhood the cuttle would have gotten it anyway but still ...

Yeah, that video gave me nightmares for awhile :goofysca:.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back