• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octo escap'e

joel_ang said:
:o :shock: Well I got the signature from The Goofy Movie . You guys actually bothered :lol: Don't know why but the answer they gave was 2 :P

It's the absiiiiiiiinthe...

If we took 1 cup of antisugar and mixed it with 1 cup of sugar, Star Trek style, we could probably get to Pluto. We'd have to have a small payload and lots of gravity-assist, though. Neil

I can imagine a non-sugar and/or absinthe route... it involves a teuthologist and a certain singers memorablia...

Steve: "One of these days Kat...."

Man!!! this is the funniest thread in the entire forum!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

why don't you use the old ball and chain to keep an octo from escaping. it works well in those old prison movies.

btw has anybody ever tried salt to get to the moon?

but seriously. any holes should be covered with fine mesh that's for sure.

what I've seen to prevent escaping in the antwerp zoo, is the following.
they have several octopus vulgaris. 1 on display, the others behind the scenes. They cover the tanks with those blue filtration mats that are used for the garden pond. apparantly the octo's suckers have no grip on that surface.

for the vulgaris in aquatopia. the top of his tank is covered with artificial grass. his suckers have no grip on that either.

dragonfish said:
btw has anybody ever tried salt to get to the moon?

I believe that the Soviets tried and failed. I've heard rumours that the Chinese are going to give it another try, given the past two decades' great advances in seasoning-rocket technology.

They will probably have a tough time of it, though. The Yanks have proven conclusively that liquid condiments give the best performance for the money.Neil

NASA = National A1 Sauce Administration

um... said:
I've heard rumours that the Chinese are going to give it another try, given the past two decades' great advances in seasoning-rocket technology.

They just need a little more thyme...

uuuunnnnnggggg...

:tomato:

Neil Sedaka.

Uh... :nofeet:

dragonfish said:
They cover the tanks with those blue filtration mats that are used for the garden pond. apparantly the octo's suckers have no grip on that surface.

That makes sense. If the sucker can't form a watertight seal, then it isn't going to work very well.

I'm trying to be good, Colin, but it's hard.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back