• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo compatibility?

boomerisnuts

Hatchling
Registered
I know when you keep an octo it is a species tank but i was wondering if anything can be kept with it that it wont eat or that wont hurt it. I remeber reading something about sea urchins and starfish that could be kept with it but i wanted to verify this and see what types of species are compatible. I am planning on getting a bimac.
thanks
boomer

boomerisnuts;94957 said:
I know when you keep an octo it is a species tank but i was wondering if anything can be kept with it that it wont eat or that wont hurt it. I remeber reading something about sea urchins and starfish that could be kept with it but i wanted to verify this and see what types of species are compatible. I am planning on getting a bimac.
thanks
boomer

If you do a forum search on "tank mates" there are 53 threads of discussion about this... I think someone's working on collecting that into a ceph care article, but I don't think that's ready yet (and I've forgotten who it is :oops:)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back