Octo Capturing Methods?

marineboy

Wonderpus
Registered
well, I have been rewarded a sufficient amount of times by using the mussel method. And if after using the method you dont get your octo you can rely on forcing him out with your other plan. Its also a good way to just know that there is an octo in the den. You can also flip over rocks that are submerged and find them that way to.

Ravenchild, maybe you should take a trip down the coast to marineboy and have him help you capture some octopus.

Good luck on the night dive, make sure two people are using their compasses, not just one - I know from personal experience - it is a long swim back if you keep going straight instead of turning around half-way though a dive :shock: .

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
cuttlegirl;77436 said:
Ravenchild, maybe you should take a trip down the coast to marineboy and have him help you capture some octopus.

Good luck on the night dive, make sure two people are using their compasses, not just one - I know from personal experience - it is a long swim back if you keep going straight instead of turning around half-way though a dive :shock: .

I guess it depends on where you're diving, but I kinda like going out a ways underwater and then just doing a leisurely kick back in to shore looking up at the stars... particularly if there's florescent plankton that makes a trail or halo around me and my dive buddy... I like twilight dives a lot, too, and I had my best octo encounter at dusk...

I'm hoping to have marineboy show me some tidepooling tricks sometime, myself, even though I don't have a tank for an octo... but I'd love to find one just to see it!

monty;77450 said:
I guess it depends on where you're diving, but I kinda like going out a ways underwater and then just doing a leisurely kick back in to shore looking up at the stars... particularly if there's florescent plankton that makes a trail or halo around me and my dive buddy... I like twilight dives a lot, too, and I had my best octo encounter at dusk...

I was diving in Hawaii, and we did go out a ways underwater, except that it was really really far out, the lights on the shore were teeny, tiny. We were lucky to end up on the same beach - last time I trust a buddy to do the navigating...except for the panic, it was a beautiful dive.

Latest Posts