• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo and Cuttle in one tank?

Will T

Cuttlefish
Registered
I got two small cuttles and an Octo from OctoPets last weekend. I intended to keep them in separate tanks, but as I was aclimating them, my smaller tank busted a filter. So, I put all of them in my large tank (55 gallons) and they seem to be doing well together so far...it's been a week.

Wonder if anyone out there has done this before and if they co-exist well in together.

I have plenty of reef rocks, PVC pipes and plants for them to hide...just wondering if there are any long term effects.

They are all eating well and I get to feed them live crabs, arthropods, snails, clams and hermit crabs that I catch at the beach. Plenty of food for them to avoid attacking each other for food.

To be honest, based on members comments, octo's and cuttlefish should never be together in the same tank. Im assuming that your animals havent attacked eachother yet because their still small, young and have food to stay connected with. Just be aware that when they get a lot bigger, problems might start occuring.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back