• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo acting different

Missnano

O. vulgaris
Registered
last night I watched him climb over a rock mantal first. He crawled everywhere backwards it seemed with his mantal dragging in front?

Am I worrying too much or is something wrong?

Could it be these stupid micro bubbles I can't get my Pump to stop dispersing? They're super small but still. They're there.

Interesting -- I know it's hard to capture but a video of this would be great to see. How's its color? Usually if they are out and about it's a good sign. What kind of substrate is in the tank? Any playthings to entertain itself with?

I don't know anything about micro bubbles or the effects they may have....

Yes, bubbles can be a problem if they get under the mantle where they cannot escape.

A floppy mantle is not a good thing. It is often the sign of senescence. If the octo is female, she may be about to lay eggs.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back