O. rubescens Eggs

Taollan

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
OK, Egg whites might work. They seem to be particularly rich in glutamic acid, which is good. Perhaps you could add some powdered as long as there is no preservatives and try that out, or even raw. Just a thought.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
When I was preparing to experiment with my small egged hatchlings that did not happen, I was looking environment ideas for food (more or less like gut loading) but you seem to think the octo body needs exposure, correct?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I hope I am wrong but I may get to do some experimenting after all. Beldar's mantle is changing shape and had a hardness near the end of her mantle :sad:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
dwhatley;135432 said:
I hope I am wrong but I may get to do some experimenting after all. Beldar's mantle is changing shape and had a hardness near the end of her mantle :sad:

Beldar is very likely some form of Macropus (warm water, small egg). I think it is a one commonly found in Indonesia and often labled luteus but is actually a different, much smaller species. There is a more chatty :cool2: description of why I think she may be preparing to brood in her journal.

Latest Posts