- East Pacific Red Octopus (O. rubescens) (currently available: 2) - $215 each; includes shipping (US only).
- Two-spot octopus (O. bimaculoides) (currently available: 3) - $185 each; includes shipping (US only).
Once you receive your octo, we strongly encourage you to share tank specifications, pictures, stories and details of their ceph-keeping experience by starting a journal. This is important for the success of the program and the well-being of the cephalopods. Your participation will be taken into account when assessing approval of any future purchases. We take care to ensure positive identification of species made available through this program and the well-being of these cephs (and advancement in our collective learnings) is critical to its success.
- Prior to your order being accepted, you must first start a thread in our TANK TALK forum, and include a photo of your ceph-ready tank, along with specifications (water temp, ph, etc.). Orders placed without a an associated thread will be canceled and refunded.
- Shipments are currently limited to the United States.
- We accept Paypal and major credit cards.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for order processing.
- Orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis. If you somehow place an order after we've run out of stock, your order will be canceled and refunded.
- All sales are final. Transport is best effort - we cannot guarantee survival on shipment. We will refund half of costs assuming well-documented description of the problem via email to [email protected].
- We remind you to review our cephalopod care ethics and guidelines.
- We will offer complete transparency about this program in the forum above (failures, successes, etc.).
I can find a lot of information on keeping a California Two-Spotted Octopus as a pet, but not much for the Reds.. can someone give me a general breakdown of the main differences? I'm just now doing my initial research into owning an octopus as a pet, maybe looking to purchase sometime in the next 1-3 years.